Leader, Saskatchewan

History: 

Homesteaders began arriving in large numbers in 1907; most were German immigrants from southern Russia. In 1913, the Canadian Pacific Railway came through the area and the village of Prussia was incorporated. In 1917, anti-German sentiment prompted the inhabitants to change its name to Leader.       The following Volga German families are known to have settled there: Elsasser from Galka

Volga German Congregations: 

Coming soon . . .

Sources: 

The Encyclopedia of Sasketchewan (online)

Resources: 

Coming soon . . .

Pre-Volga Origin

Latitude: 49.842708
Longitude: 8.826458
Latitude: 50.592778
Longitude: 8.856389