Shmakov, Zalesovsky District, Altai Krai (Siberia)
Shmakovo was originally founded by Old Believers (one of the branches of the Russian Orthodox Church) before 1766.
Following the deportation decree of 28 August 1941, Volga Germans from the colony of Gnadenflur were resettled in Shmakovo. At the end of World War II, "captured Germans" were settled in this area as well.
On 21 July 1953, Shmakovo was administratively merged with Zalesovo.