Blumenfeld, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)

Names: 
Ново-Николаевск, Азовский район, Омская область (Siberia)
Цветнополье, Азовский район, Омская область (Siberia)
Блюменфельд, Азовский район, Омская область (Siberia)
Blumenfeld, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)
Tsvetnopol, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)
Novo-Nikolaevsk, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)
Поливановка, Азовский район, Омская область (Siberia)
Polivanovka, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)
History: 

Surveyors layed out a village for 260 families and called it Novo-Nikolaevsk. In 1906 (some sources record 1905), the first Volga Germans arrived and settled there. They gave the village the name of Blumenfeld, and called it Tsvetnopol in Russian.  Somewhat later, additional ethnic Germans from the Kherson Province and some Estonians also move there.

In 1909, a Lutheran parochial school was opened. This building later became a public school when a new parochial school was built in 1915.

The Volga Germans and the Estonians established a new settlement a half-verst from Blumenfeld and called it Polivanovka.  Polivanovka remained a separate settlement for 3 decades and then was merged with Tsvetnopol.

During the First World War, German refugees from Volhynia were deported to Blumenfeld.

Additional Volga Germans being relocated following the 1941 Deportation Decree also settled in Blumenfeld, and were then conscripted into the forced labor army.

In the 1960s, a 15-bed hospital was constructed in the village, along with a regional library. A community center and high school were also built there.

Population

Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1909   522
 
 
1920   746
 
 
1926   667
 
 
1939   1,636    

Pre-Volga Origin