Hauf, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)

Names: 
Гауф, Азовский район, Омская область (Siberia)
Hauf, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)
History: 

The farmstead (khutor) of Hauf was founded in 1898 by Konrad Konradivich Hauf on land rented from Cossacks of the nearby village of New Village (Новой станицы).

In 1941, several deported Volga German families were resettled in Hauf.

The village languished until 1973 when the Ministry of Agriculture began construction of a poultry factory. More than 400 new houses were constructed in the area and in 1991, a new high school was opened.

Today, a large "dacha neighborhood" mostly for city residents of nearby Omsk lies across the river to the north of Hauf.

Population

Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1920   174
 
 
1939   299
 
 

Pre-Volga Origin