Jost, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)

Names: 
Поповка, Азовский район, Омская область (Siberia)
Popovka, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)
Jost, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)
Йост, Азовский район, Омская область (Siberia)
History: 

Jost was founded in 1895 in the Omsk Region of Siberia by Volga German families relocating from the colony of Jost. In 1895-1896, about 45 families settled there.

The village also used its Russian name of Popovka, the same Russian name that the Volga German colony of Jost had.

In 1899, a grain storage facility with a capacity of 3,000 pounds of grain was constructed in Jost.

A school house was also built in the village that served as a prayer house for worship services. In 1907, a separate church building was constructed.

Many refugees arrived in the village during the years of war and revolution.

In 1929, a collective farm called "Stalin" was organized in the village. In 1934, a mechanical mill was built along with a forge and carpentry and saddlery workshops.

Population

Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1897
 
303
 
 
1913   229
 
 
1917   548
 
 
1926   482    

Pre-Volga Origin