Novinka, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)

Names: 
Novinka, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)
Новинка, Азовский район, Омская область (Siberia)
Нейдорф, Азовский район, Омская область (Siberia)
Neudorf, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)
History: 

Novinka was founded in 1896 by Volga Germans from the Samara Province. It was originally called Neudorf.

Until 1917, it was a Lutheran village (other sources record that it was Catholic, but this does not appear to be correct).

In 1897, a private school was started. On 26 September 1902, a public school was opened.

By 1913, there was a Deckert Mill located in the village as well as grocery stores run by A. D. Hoffmann and D. V. Lorenz.

Population

Year
Households
Population
Total
Male
Female
1913
50
297
 
 
1920
99*
590
 
 
1936
135
639
 
 

*Of which 96 were German, 2 Russian, 1 Ukrianian

Volga German Congregations: 

There was a Lutheran church in Novinka. It belonged to the Omsk Parish headquartered in Omsk until 1909 when it became part of the St. John Parish headquartered in Alexandrovka.

Pre-Volga Origin