Warenburg, Azov District, Omsk Oblast (Siberia)
Warenburg was founded in the autumn of 1894 by Volga Germans. The village was named after the colony from which many of its founders had come. It was also known by the Russian name of Privalnoye, which was also the Russian name of its mother colony of Warenburg on the banks of the Volga River.
During the early years, the settlers lived in huts, but by 1901 had built homes out of adobe.
There was a prayer house in the village, and also a parochial school in which German was the language of instruction.
There was a Lutheran prayer house in Warenburg.