Samara

Names: 
Kuibyshev
Kuybyshev
Samara
Самара
Куйбышев
History: 

Samara, located on the left bank of the Volga River, is the capital of the Samara Province. It was founded in 1586 to protect Russia's southern border from the nomadic tribes in the area.

From 1935 to 1990, Samara was known by the name of Kuybyshev.

Volga German Congregations: 
An independent Lutheran parish was established in Samara in 1904.
 
Pastors & Priests: 

The Lutheran parish in Samara was served by the following pastors:

Eduard Heinrich Johannson, vicar (1868-1870)
Eduard Gahlnbäck, vicar (1870-1878)
Friedrich Wilhelm Meyer, vicar (1879-1903)
Woldemar Baron Engelhardt (1903-1910)
Ewald Allas, Vicar (1910-1915)
Hermann Lezius (1913-1915)
Nikolai Tomberg (1916-1917)
Hermann Lezius (1917-1922)
Sources: 

- Amburger, Erik. Die Pastoren der evangelischen Kirchen Rußlands (Lüneburg, Germany: Institut Nordostdeutsches Kulturwerk, 1998): 139-140.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica, 1911.
- Schnurr, Joseph. Die Kirchen und das religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen – Evangelischer Teil (Stuttgart: AER Verlag Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Rußland, 1978): 351.

Pre-Volga Origin

Lutheran church in Samara.

Klodt house in Samara.

German brewery in Samara.