Kamyshin, Volgograd Oblast, Russia

Names: 
Kamyshin, Volgograd Oblast, Russia
Камышин, Волгогра́дская о́бласть
Дмитриевск, Волгогра́дская о́бласть
Dmitriyevsk, Volgograd Oblast, Russia
History: 

The Russian village of Kamyshin was founded in 1667 on the left bank of the Kamyshinka River at the point where it enters the Volga River.

In 1710, it was relocated to Dmitriyevsk (Дмитриевск) on the opposite bank of the Kamyshinka river. In 1780, the name of the village was changed to Kamyshin.

Over the years after the founding of the Volga German colonies, many Volga Germans relocated to Kamyshin. It was the largest Russian village on the southern border of the Volga German settlement area.

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families are known to have lived in Kamyshin:

Hollmann from Marienfeld

Volga Colonies: 
Pastors & Priests: 

The Lutheran Church in Kamyshin was served by the following pastors:

Wilhelm Konrad Rust (1896-1905)

Pre-Volga Origin

The banks of the Volga River at the Russian town of Kamyshin.
Source: Ted Gerk.

Volga River bank at Kamyshin (1908).
Source: Ted Gerk.

Panorama of Kamyshin across the Volgograd Reservoir (2010).
Source: Wikipedia Commons.

Volga Colonies