Milliken, Weld Co., Colorado

Names: 
Milliken, Weld Co., Colorado
History: 

Milliken has its beginnings as the community of Hillsboro which was organized in 1905. In 1908, a town called Milliken (named in honor of Judge John David Milliken, the President of the Northwestern Land and Iron Company) was established right next to Hillsboro, and on 1 October 1910, Hillsboro was annexed by Milliken. Volga German families came to the area to work in the sugar beet industry. They settled in and around Milliken.

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families are known to have lived in and around Milliken:

Frank from Dönhof
Kammerzell from Frank

Volga Colonies: 
Sources: 

A Brief History of the Town (Milliken Historical Society)

Pre-Volga Origin

Milliken Train Depot
Source: Milliken Historical Society.

Volga Colonies

Latitude: 50.465833
Longitude: 9.903333