Ellis, Ellis Co., Kansas
The community of Ellis was established in 1867 as a water station on the Kansas Pacific Railway. From 1876-1878, a large number of Volga Germans immigrated to Ellis County, and over the years moved from the farms into the town of Ellis.
Among the early Volga German families to settled in and near Ellis were:
The following Volga German families settled in and around Ellis:
- Larson, Rosemary Wiesner. St. Mary's Church, 1986: Centennial Celebration, Ellis, Kansas.
Volga German Women in Ellis.
Front row: Agnes Schüler Karlin, Marcia Beilman Karlin, and Anna Staab Karlin.
Back row: Dorothea Schütz Karlin and Anna Meier Karlin.
[Posted with permission. KansasMemory.org - Kansas State Historical Society.
Copy and Reuse Restrictions Apply.]