Lehigh, Marion Co., Kansas
The town of Lehigh was established in 1877 when the Santa Fe Railroad was laid through Marion County. It had a weekly newspaper, the Marion County Record, publishing as early as 1881. The land on which the town was plotted was originally owned by Lee Hays, and according to one account, the town was named after him.
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in and around Lehigh:
Dietz from Kratzke
Feil from Dreispitz
Herbel from Dreispitz
Kammerzell from Frank
Schwabauer from Huck
Winter from Shcherbakovka
Wittmann from Grimm
Wolf from Grimm
- Declaration of Intentions filed in Marion Co., Kansas (Janet Flickenger)
- Weinbrenner, Loren. The Story of Lehigh. North Newton, KS: Bethel College, 1961.
1920 US Federal Census - Lehigh and Lehigh Township (Janet Flickinger)