St. Peter, Graham Co., Kansas

Names: 
St. Peter, Graham Co., Kansas
History: 

St. Peter was founded in 1894 by Volga German families from Ellis Co., Kansas. It was orginally known as Hoganville, but its name was changed to St. Peter in honor of Peter Rome who donated the land on which St. Anthony's Catholic Church was built.

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families are known to have settled in and around St. Peter:

Appelhans
Billinger
Bollig
Brungardt
Dinkel
Dreiling
Gassmann
Gerstner
Herman
Ingenthron
Katzendorn
Knoll
Kuhn
Lang
Meier
Pfeifer
Richmeier
Riedel
Rohleder
Rohr
Rome
Schamberger
Scheck
Spies
Wasinger
Weber
Wittman
Younger

Sources: 

- St. Peter from The Golden Jubilee of German-Russian Settlements of Ellis and Rush Counties, Kansas

Resources: 

- Saint Anthony Cemetery (findagrave.com)
- St. Peter from The Golden Jubilee of German-Russian Settlements of Ellis and Rush Counties, Kansas

Pre-Volga Origin

Latitude: 49.488889
Longitude: 8.469167
Latitude: 49.196733
Longitude: 7.142494
Latitude: 49.727778
Longitude: 8.292222