Tripp, Hutchinson Co., South Dakota
Tripp was laid out in 1886, and named in honor of Bartlett Tripp, chief justice of the Dakota Territory Supreme Court.
Most of the Germans from Russia who settled in and around Tripp are from the Black Sea region, but there are a few Volga German families who settled there as well.
The following Volga German families settled in and around Tripp:
Leneschmidt from Huck
Spomer from Beideck
- Allyn Brosz.