Odessa, Lincoln Co., Washington

Names: 
Odessa, Lincoln Co., Washington
History: 

The Great Northern Railroad came through the valley in 1892. The town of Odessa was platted in 1899 by George W. Finney who donated the land. It was officially incorporated on 25 September 1902. It was named Odessa after the German-Russian wheat farmers in the area, many of whom had immigrated from the area around the city of Odessa in Russia. Approximately 80% of the town's residents trace their ancestory to the Black Sea and/or Volga Germans of Russia.

Volga German Families: 

The following Volga German families are known to have lived in and around Odessa:

Kissler from Frank
Heimbüchner from Frank
Schwabenland from Straub

Volga Colonies: 
Sources: 

- Town of Odessa: History

Resources: 

- Bohemian Cemetery (findagrave.com)
- County Line Cemetery (findagrave.com)
- Emmaus Cemetery (findagrave.com)
- Odessa Cemetery (A-F) (G-J) (K-Q) (R-S) (T-Z) (Misc.)
- Odessa Cemetery (findagrave.com)
- Welcome to Lincoln County Washington (GenWeb)

Pre-Volga Origin

Odessa Panorama

Odessa Depot (1923).
Source: Washington State Railroads Historical Society.

Map showing the location of Odessa in Lincoln County, Washington.
Source: Wikipedia.

Volga Colonies

Latitude: 49.813163
Longitude: 9.039460
Latitude: 49.709602
Longitude: 7.916762
Latitude: 50.450000
Longitude: 9.916667
Latitude: 50.502003
Longitude: 9.387028