Vancouver, Clark Co., Washington
Vancouver was named in honor of sea captain George Vancouver. It began in 1824 as trading post Fort Vancouver along the Columbia River. It was incorporated on 23 January 1857.
Volga German families have moved to Vancouver from various original settlement points in the Pacific Northwest.
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in and around Vancouver:
Blehm from Kratzke
Gerlach from Norka
Kammerzell from Frank
Morasch from Yagodnaya Polyana