Esch, Kr. Bernkastle-Wittlich, Rheinland-Pfalz
The village of Esch is located about 28 kilometers northeast of Trier and was historically under the jurisdiction of the Electorate of Trier (German: Kurtrier). In 1794, it fell under French rule, but in 1814 became part of Prussia at the Congress of Vienna. Following World War II, it was place in the newly founded German State of Rheinland-Pfalz.