Johann Arnhold (some sources record Johannes), son of Friedrich Arnhold, was born in Herzhausen, Darmstadt, Hessen. He married 25 January 1763 to Anna Katharina Michelbächer, daughter of Eckhard Michelbächer (d. 16 December 1765) & Margarethe Weber (b. 17 May 1668). She was born 28 September 1733 in Darmstadt.
They have two children recorded in Herzhausen:
- Hans Ludwig (b. 16 December 1759; d. 1762)
- Johannes (b. 18 October 1763)
The couple and their youngest son arrived in Ernestinendorf on 3 August 1767.
In 1769, Johann Arnold and his family moved from Ernestinendorf to Schönchen.
- Kraft, Artur. Familienbuch Holzhausen/Hünstein mit Filialort Damschausen (Darmstadt: Deutsche Ortssippenbücher, 2004): 16 & 409.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Mv0565.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 400.