Johann Ludwig Bastron, son of Joaques Laurent Pastron and Johanna Schmidt, was born 29 May 1740 in Büdingen, Isenburg, Germany. He married in Büdingen on 5 May 1762 to Johanetta Elisabeth Lang, daughter of Johann Peter Lang, the chief miller in Laubach, Germany, and his wife Marie Christine Best.
The Bastron (Pastron) family were French Huguenots. Jacques Laurent (Jacob Lorentz) Pastron, a stocking weaver from Offenbach, Germany, was the son of Jacques Pastron and Elisabeth Humbert of Offenbach, Germany.
Johann Ludwig and Johannetta Elisabeth Lang arrived in Frank in 1767. Johann Ludwig Bastron is recorded on the 1767 census of Frank in Household #54.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Fk060, Fk061.
- Parish records of the Offenbach French Reformed Church
- Parish records of Büdingen
- Parish records of Laubach
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 427.
- Pleve, Igor. Bastron Family Chart.