Johann Bernhard Becker, son of Johann Baltzer Becker & Anna Catharina Schmidt, was born 25 February 1714 in Berghausen. He married Anna Maria. They had at least 9 children, each born in Berghausen: (1) Friedrich, born 4 June 1739; (2) Susanna, born 14 March 1742; (3) Johann Adam, born 1 November 1744; (4) David, born 7 April 1748; (5) Baltasar, born 17 July 1750; (6) Maria Catharina, born 28 January 1753; (7) Anna Elisabeth, born 30 May 1754; (8) Johann Jakob, born 14 February 1757; and (9) Johann Wilhelm, born 31 August 1759. The father, Johann Bernhard, died 5 February 1760 in Berghausen.
Widow Anna Maria and the surviving children immigrated to Russia, arriving from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Wiebe Heinrichson. They settled in the Volga German colony of Kukkus on 26 June 1767. Widow Anna Maria remarried to widower Johann Konrad Herbel and is recorded on the 1767 census of Kukkus in Household No. 27 along with their combined children. Three of the older Becker children are recorded in separate households: Johann Adam in Household No. 5; David in Household No. 31; and Baltasar in Household No. 37.
- Griefenstein Ortsfamilienbuch.
- Kukkus Website (www.kukkus.com) - Origins
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kk14, Kk31, Kk34, Kk35, Kk43, Kk50.
- Parish records of Berghausen.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 464, 468, 469, & 470.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3550, #3551, #3554.