Johann Jost Bender, son of Catharina Bender, was baptized in the village of Düdelsheim on 23 September 1740. He married there on 11 March 1766 to Anna Margaretha, daughter of Stephan Dörr. She had been baptized on 21 April 1742 in Hüttengesäß.
They immigrated to Russia and are recorded on the 1767 Census in Balzer in Household No. 41.
Johann Jost is the sister of Anna Barbara Bender, wife of Andreas Klinck. They also immigrated to Russia travelling with the Bender family.
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 21.
- Decker, Klaus-Peter, Büdingen als Sammelplatz der Auswanderung an die Wolga 1766 (Büdingen: Geschichtswerkstatt Büdingen, 2009): 81.
- Düdelsheim Parish Records (LDS Intl Film #1201789).
- Haynes, Emma Schwabenland. "A Document of 1766 Found in Büdingen, Germany." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia 3:1 (1980): 1-5.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999).