Beutel (Yagodnaya Polyana-1)
Two Beutel families settled in the Volga German colony of Yagodnaya Polyana on 16 September 1767. They arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 13 September 1766 aboard the galliot Die Perle under the command of Skipper Thomson.
(1) Johann Konrad Beutel, a farmer, and his wife Elisabeth are recorded on the 1767 census of Yagodnaya Polyana in Household No. 24.
(2) Johannes Beutel, a farmer, and his wife Anna Elisabeth are recorded on the 1767 census of Yagodnaya Polyana in Household No. 25.
The 1767 census records that both Johann Konrad and Johannes came from the German region of Nidda.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Yp12, Yp69, Yp80.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 179.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6217, #6224.