There are two Bleitz families that settled in the Volga German colony of Keller on 12 May 1767. They both arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 18 June 1766 aboard the hooker Anna Catharina under the Skipper Adolph Scharpenberg.
(1) Peter Bleitz and his family are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 29. The 1798 census of Neu-Kolonie records Peter Bleitz in Household No. Nk35.
(2) Adam Bleitz and his wife Marianna are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 30.
The 1767 census records that both of these Bleitz families came from the German village of Kempten in the Kurmainz region.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nk35.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 347, 348.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #863, #864.