Adam Braun, son of Adam Braun & Anna Margaretha Theiss, was born on 15 March 1707 in Gondelsheim, a village northeast Karlsruhe, in what today is Baden-Württemberg. He married Margaretha (surname unknown), and they had two children born and baptized in Gondelsheim: (1) Georg Friedrich (born 2 April 1742; baptized 3 April 1742); and (2) Dorothea Charlotta (born 30 August 1750; baptized 31 August 1750).
Adam and his family immigrated to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein), departing from Altona, Duchy of Holstein, on 13 July 1761 under the leadership of Georg Hermann. They arrived in the city of Flensburg, Duchy of Schleswig, on 17 July 1761.
Georg Friedrich immigrated to Russia, arriving in the Volga German colony of Moor on 1 July 1766. By the time of the 1767 Census, he has married a widow named Anna Maria who has two children. They are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 15.
Georg Friedrich Braun and his family are recorded on the Moor 1798 census in Household No. Mo13.
There are two other single Braun men who settled in Moor (both named Johann Jakob and both age 20 in 1767). One of them moved to Balzer, but does not appear to have any descendants. It is unclear whether these two Johann Jakob Brauns are related to each other or to Georg Friedrich.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The immigration of German colonists to Denmark and their subsequent emigration to Russia in the years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Steinmeier, 2012): 361.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz090, Mo13.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): 6830-6836.
- Müller, Hanno, Dora Ommert & Liesel Schumann. Familienbücher des Kirchspiels Kirchberg: Lollar 1628 bis 1875 (1914), Volume 4 (Fambu-Verlag Müller, 2002).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 156, 159, 166.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 175.