Johann Philipp Dörr, son of Johannes Dörr, was born in Grünberg in 1731. On 15 November 1760 he married Anna Catharina Walter, daughter of Christian Walter, a tanner also from Grünberg.
They immigrated to Russia and arrived along with daughter Anna (age 2) in Oranienbaum on 12 May 1766 aboard the galliot Anna Catharina with Daniel Geier at the helm.
They arrived in the colony of Katharinenstadt on 5 March 1767, and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 88. Widow Dörr is still living in Katharinenstadt in 1798 where she is recorded in Household No. Ka023.
- Derr, Arthur C. The Descendants of Joachim (Joseph) Derr : 1620-1670 Erbstadt, Hesse, Germany.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Ka023.
- Parish records of Grünberg (LDS International Film #1260687).
- Pleve, Igor. Derr Family Chart.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 295.