Dietz (Yagodnaya Polyana)
Ludwig Christoph Dietz, son of Johannes and Anna Magdalena Dietz, was baptized on 21 March 1710 in Eichelsdorf. He married Anna Elisabeth Götz, daughter of Hans Heinrich Götz, on 9 June 1747. The baptism of one son, Johann Christian, is recorded on 2 May 1749 in Eichelsdorf.
Ludwig, Anna Elisabeth, and Johann Christian arrived at the port of Oranienbaum on 14 September 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Reders.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Yagodnaya Polyana on 16 September 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 75.
- Eichelsdorfer Auswanderer an der Wolga (in German)
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Yp60.
- Parish records of Eichelsdorf.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 193.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6483.
Entry from the Eichelsdorf parish register recording the baptism of Ludwig Christoph Dietz on 21 March 1710.
Source: Maggie Hein.