Philipp Frank, son of Rudolf Frank and Anna Katharina Müller, was born in Schriesheim, Kurpfalz, on 5 November 1719. He was married in the Reformed Church in Schriesheim to Anna Margaretha Will on 20 April 1756. Anna Margaretha was born to Hans Heinrich Will and Anna Katharina Haas? on 13 September 1721, also in Schriesheim.
Philipp Frank and his family arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard the snow-brig Der Merkur under the command of Skipper Johann Heinrich Abelmann.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Kautz on 20 July 1767.
Son Johann Heinrich Frank moved to the colony of Hussenbach.
- Frank Chart (for the colony of Kautz), compiled by Igor Pleve.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Hs086, Kz22.
- Parish records of Schriesheim (LDS Film #1192205).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001).
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3328.
D. Michael Frank