Johann Heinrich Frick was born 25 March 1733 in Nidda, Hesse, Germany. His lineage can be traced back to Walther Frick, born about 1680 in Nidda, the father of Johannes Frick, a baker, who married Juliana Ruppel in 1724.
Johann Heinrich Frick married Anna Margaretha Erck, daughter of Johann Christoph Erck & Anna Margaretha Runck. She was born 4 July 1727.
Johann Heinrich Frick, a farmer, and his family arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 15 September 1766 aboard the galliot Johannes under the command of Skipper Stahl.
They settled in Frank in 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 78.
The 1767 census records that Johann Heinrich Frick came from the German village of Nidda in the regionof Hessen-Darmstadt.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Fk041, Fk073.
- Parish Records of Nidda (LDS Film #1146234).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 431.
- Pleve, Igor. Frick Family Chart.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6320.