There were two Götz men who settled in Messer, and both came from the Gründau area.
(1) Conrad Götz, son of Johannes Götz, was born on 27 February 1740 in Mittel-Gründau. Conrad Götz and Anna Margaretha Hartwig, the daughter of Michael Hartwig, were married in Hain-Gründau on 13 September 1764.
(2) Wilhelm Götz, son of Friedrich Götz, and Catharina, widow of Johannes Meininger, were married in Mittel-Gründau on 20 February 1755. Their daughter Anna Dorothea was born 10 January 1755.
Konrad and his wife along with Wilhelm and his family arrived in the Volga German colony of Messer on 18 June 1767. Konrad is recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 39 and Wilhelm in Household No. 44.
In 1798, widow Anna Margaretha Götz and her children move from Messer to Kraft.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kf34, Ms76, Mv1760.
- Parish records of Hain-Gründau.
- Parish records of Mittel-Gründau.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 140 & 142.