Christoph Gutmann, son of Johannes & Elisabetha Guttman, was baptized in Büdingen on 5 July 1744. Christina Elisabetha Geÿer, daughter of Wilhelm Ludwig & Maria Margaretha Geÿer, was baptized in Büdingen on 30 April 1741. Christoph and Christina married in Büdingen on 8 April 1766.
They immigrated to Russia arriving from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum aboard the Russian pink Vologda under the command of Lieutenant Sergey Bartenyev.
The couple settled in the Volga German colony of Kutter and are reported there on the 1767 census in Household No. 82.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kt53.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): 63.
- Parish records of Büdingen.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 496.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #4838.