Körber / Kerber (Reinwald)
Johann Andreas Körber was born in 1719 near Heilbronn, in what today is Baden-Württemberg. He married Maria Dorothea and had two children: (1) Maria Margaretha, baptized on 12 July 1746 in the Hüffenhardt Lutheran Church, and (2) Johann Georg, born & baptized on 16 April 1748 in the Heinsheim Lutheran Church. Today, Heinsheim is one of the villages that make up the town of Bad Rappenau in Baden-Württemberg.
Johann Andreas and his family immigrated to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein). He has not been found on any of the transport lists, but his wife Maria Dorothea and the children departed from Altona, Duchy of Holstein, on 26 April 1762 under the leadership of Jakob Baumann. They arrived in the city of Flensburg, Duchy of Schleswig, on 1 May 1762 where they joined Jhoann Andreas who had evidently come to Schleswig-Holstein earlier.
Johann Andreas' wife died, and in 1764 he remarried to Katharina Barbara Marlet, widow of Jakob Holzwarth, and daughter of Stephan Marlet. She had been born on 6 April 1715 in Kleingartach, southwest of Heilbronn. Johann Andreas & Katharina Barbara and their combined families lived in Denmark until 22 March 1765, when they immigrated to Russia.
During the journey to the Volga German colonies, the son Johann Georg Körber married Anna Louise, who had been born in 1748.
The extended family arrived in the colony of Reinwald on 14 July 1766. Johann Andreas is recorded on 1767 census in Household No. 3, and his son Johann Georg in Household No. 35.
At some point before 1798 Johann Andreas Körber died. His son Johann Georg is recorded on Reinwald 1798 census in Household No. Rw33.
- Eichhorn, Alexander; Eichhorn Jacob & Mary. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen: Steinmeier, 2012): 288, 481-482, & 680.
- Eichhorn, Mary. Personal notes about Andreas Körber, received by Corina Hirt on 4 March 2013.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Rw33, Rw50.
- Parish records for Heinsheim (LDS Film No. 1189292).
- Parish records for Hüffenhardt (LDS Film No. 1189311).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 30 & 39.