Johann Peter Kihsler was born about 1710 in Bannerod, Germany.
Johann Peter Kissler, a farmer, and his family arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 15 September 1766 aboard the galliot Johannes under the command of Skipper Stahl.
His sons, Johann Heinrich and Johann Kaspar settled in the Volga German colony of Frank and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 52.
Johann Peter's daughter, Anna Margaretha, was born in Bannerod on 10 October 1743 and was baptized there on 12 October 1743. She married Johann Paul Wacker who had arrived in Frank in 1767. The Wackers are listed in the next household (No. 53) on the 1767 Census of Frank.
There are no other Kihslers recorded in Bannerod before Johann Peter Kihsler shows up there.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Fk002, Fk015.
- Parish records of Nieder-Moos (including Bannerod).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 427.
- Pleve, Igor. Kissler Family Chart.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6367, #6368.