Lebsack / Löbsack / Lipsack
Johannes Heinrich Löbsack was born 24 March 1716 in Steinheim (baptized on 27 March 1716 in the Lutheran church of Rodheim), and his wife Eisabetha Katharina Bipp was born 11 Jan 1717 in Steinheim. They have at least three children: (1) Johann Emmanuel; (2) Johann Heinrich; and (3) Anna Elisabeth.
Johann Löbsack, a farmer, his wife Elisabeth, and children (Immanuel, age 24; Anna, age 22; Heinrich, age 20) arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 14 September 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Reders.
Son Immanuel Löbsack settled in the Volga German colony of Frank and is recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 44.
Research on the Löbsack lineage goes back to the mid 1500’s in Germany, starting in Widdersheim and Oberwiddersheim, Germany, then moving to Steinheim, Germany. The lateral lines of Pipp, Becker, Hochstein, Hurtziger, Hoffmann, and Nagel have also been researched.
The Löbsack lineage goes back to the mid 1500s in Germany, starting in Widdersheim and Oberwiddersheim, then moving to Steinheim. Immanuel Löbsack was born in Steinheim, Hessen-Darmstadt, Germany, and arrived in Frank in 1767.
The 1767 census records that Immanuel Löbsack came from the German village of Steinheim in the Hessen-Darmstadt region.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Fk004, Fk005, Fk022, Fk051, Fk099.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): 7156-7160.
- Parish records Ober-Widdersheim with Unter-Widdersheim.
- Parish records of Rodheim an der Horloff (includes Steinheim).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 426.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6537.
Carole M. Hayden
Edward F. Wagner
Entry from the parish register of Rodheim recording the birth of Johann Heinrich Löbsack on 24 March 1716 in neighboring Steinheim and baptized in the Lutheran Church in Rodheim on 27 March 1716.
Source: Karl Becker.
Entry from the parish register of Rodheim recording the birth of Elisabetha Catharina Bipp on 11 January 1717 in neighboring Steinheim.
Source: Karl Becker.