Johannes Müller, son of Michael Müller, was born about 1723/25 in the area of Heilbronn / Enz districts. He married Elisabetha Barbara Lantz, daughter of Johann Martin & Anna Dorothea Lantz, on 5 September 1752 in the Evangelical Church of Pfaffenhofen, southwest of Heilbronn. Elisabetha Barbara had been baptized on 21 April 1728 in the same church.
They had five children, four of them baptized in Pfaffenhofen and the last one in the Ötisheim Evangelical Church: (1) Elisabetha Magdalena, born 26 July 1753, baptized 27 July 1753; (2) Johann Jakob, born 9 June 1755, baptized 10 June 1755; (3) Anna Dorothea, born 17 December 1757, baptized on 18 December 1757, died at some point before 1760; (4) Anna Dorothea, again, born 29 February 1760; and (5) Christina Barbara, born 5 December 1760, baptized 6 December 1760.
Johannes Müller and his family immigrated to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein), departing from Altona, Duchy of Holstein, on 7 June 1762, under the leadership of Christoph Paquet. They arrived in the city of Flensburg, Duchy of Schleswig on 12 June 1762.
All of them are recorded in Denmark until 22 April 1765, when they immigrated to Russia.
Johannes Müller and his family arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766. They settled in the Volga German colony of Rosenheim on 12 July 1766 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 64. During the transport to the Volga German colonies a new daughter was born; they named her Barbara Margaretha.
Johannes and his family arrived in the Volga German colony of Rosenheim on 12 July 1766 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 64.
In 1790, Gottlieb Müller, a descendant of Johannes, moved to the colony of Stephan and is recorded there on the 1798 census in Household No. Sp34.
In 1790, Christoph Müller moved from Rosenheim to Schäfer.
The 1767 census records that Johannes Müller came from the German village of Kiebingen in the Duchy of Württemberg.
No descendants of the Johannes Müller's family remained in Rosenheim.
- Eichhorn, Alexander; Eichhorn Jacob & Mary. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen: Steinmeier, 2012): 305, 532, & 682.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Sp32, Mv2470, Mv2471.
- Parish records of Pfaffenhofen (LDS Film No. 1184783).
- Parish records of Ötisheim (LDS Film No. 1184989).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Der Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 78.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3001.