Heinrich Magel, son of Johann Georg Magel & Anna Maria Jacobi, was baptized on 22 December 1734 in the village of Düdelsheim. He was married there on 26 May 1761 to Anna Kunigunda, daughter of Johann Stopfel from Stammheim. Their son Johannes was also baptized there on 31 October 1765. This family arrived in Balzer on 18 June 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 40.
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 20.
- Decker, Klaus-Peter, Büdingen als Sammelplatz der Auswanderung an die Wolga 1766 (Büdingen: Geschichtswerkstatt Büdingen, 2009): 85.
- Düdelsheim Parish Records (LDS Intl Film #1201789).
- Haynes, Emma Schwabenland. "A Document of 1766 Found in Büdingen, Germany." Journal of the American Historical Society of Germans from Russia 3:1 (1980): 1-5.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 82.