Johann Georg Moninger was baptized in Gemmingen (west of Heilbronn) on 24 April 1732. He married Elisabeth Rödel who had been born on 12 December 1727 in Hassmersheim.
They immigrated first to Denmark (Schleswig-Holstein) and then to Russia. They arrived in Dobrinka on 24 November 1764 along with their children: Georg Adam, Margaretha, and Christoph. The family is recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No.1, with Johann Georg serving as the mayor (Vorsteher) of Dobrinka.
Before 1834, Johannes Peter Moninger moved from Dobrinka to Galka where the surname is recorded as Meininger. Meininger is the spelling that continues after that.
- 1834 Census of Dobrinka (No. 11).
- 1834 Census of Galka (No. 175).
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The Immigration of German Colonists to Denmark and Their Subsequent Emigration to Russia in the Years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Drukerei und Verlag Steinmeier GmbH & Co. Kg, 2012): 528.
- Lang, Gerhard. German Colonists of Denmark on the Volga.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Db09.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 313.