Hartmann von Moos was born 11 April 1737 in Trimmis in the Graubünden Kanton of Switzerland. He is the son of Leonhardt von Moos (also a pastor) and Margaretha Bernhard. He died 15 May 1803 in Katharinenstadt.
His first wife was Agnes Lohsy, who died May 1785 at Katharinenstadt. He married his second wife, Anna Margaretha Hussy née Illack on 19 February 1786 in Sarepta. She was born 16 July 1747 in Dorpat, Estonia, and died 14 July 1787 in Saratov. He married his third wife, Sophia Augusta Opitz, on 16 January 1788 in Sarepta. She was born 12 March 1755 in Retbenicke? in Anhalt (Germany), and died in 1819.
The parish register in Sarepta records two children born to Pastor von Moos by his first wife, Agness Lohsy (some sources record her surname as Loss):
(1) Ulrich Konrad Leonhard von Moos, born 27 November 1775 in Masein, Kanton Graubünden, Switzerland. He relocated to Sarepta from Katharinenstadt on 20 June 1785.
(2) Johann Katharina von Moos, born 24 January 1784 in Katharinenstadt. She relocated to Sarepta from Katharinenstadt on 12 October 1785.
The parish register in Sarepta records two children born to Pastor von Moos by his third wife, Sophia Agusta Opitz:
(1) Friedrich Jakob von Moos, born 19 January 1790 in Sarepta.
(2) Theodora Henrietta von Moos, born 10 December 1791 in Katharinenstadt.
- Hartmann von Moos (wolgadeutsche.ru) (online)
- Parish register of Katharinenstadt.
- Parish register of Sarepta.
- Schnurr, Joseph. Die Kirchen und das religiöse Leben der Russlanddeutschen – Evangelischer Teil (Stuttgart: AER Verlag Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Rußland, 1978): 160.
Entry from the parish register of Katharinenstadt recording the death of Pastor von Moos on 17 May 1803 at the age of 66.
Source: Karl Becker