Pauli / Paulÿ (Norka-1)
Philipp Jacob Pauli, son of Philipp Jacob Pauli of Wächtersbach, and Maria Elisabeth Burghard, daughter of Johann Jost Burghard, were married in Büdingen on 9 December 1756.
They arrived in Russia from Lübeck aboard a ship under the command of Johann Skott on 29 August 1766 with three children: (1) Johann Georg, baptized 2 December 1757 in Büdingen; (2) Johannes (baptism not found); and (3) Christian Friedrich, baptized 25 March 1764 in Büdingen. A fourth child, Johann Erhard, was born during the trip to the villages.
The family settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767 and is recorded in the Norka 1767 Census in Household No. 16.
In 1793, Eckhardt Paulÿ moved from Norka to Anton.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): An38, Nr174, Nr188, Mv1987.
- Parish records of Büdingen.
- Parish records of Wächtersbach.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Nordost-Institut, 2005): 232.
- Pleve, Igor. List of Colonists to Russia in 1766 "Reports by Ivan Kulberg" (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): 245.