Steinberger's list of those immigrating to Russia from Leisenwald includes the Reifschneider families that settled in the Volga German colony of Kutter.
Several Reifschneider families immigrated to Russia arrving from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766. They settled in the Volga German colony of Kutter on 8 July 1767.
(1) Johannes is recorded on the 1767 census of Kutter in Household No. 14 along with his wife Anna Katharina. Johannes Reifschneider from Leisewald & Anna Katharina Loos from Leisewald had been married on 3 May 1766 in Büdingen before leaving Germany. The parish register in Sarepta records that this family relocated to Sarepta on 10 October 1790.
(2) Heinrich is recorded on the 1767 census of Kutter in Household No. 18 along with his wife Anna Maria.
(3) Konrad is recorded on the 1767 census of Kutter in Household No. 19 along with his wife Anna Margaretha.
(4) Andreas is recorded on the 1767 census of Kutter in Household No. 20 along with his wife Elisabeth and sister Anna Maria (age 13). The parish register in Sarepta records that two children of Andreas Reifschneider & Anna Elisabeth Loos, had been born in Kutter (1) Anna Katharina on 9 May 1780; and (2) Johanna Margaretha on 9 August 1782. The register records that the family had relocated from Kutter to Sarepta on 10 June 1794.
(5) Melchior is recorded on the 1767 census of Kutter in Household No. 22 along with his father Walter (age 60).
The 1767 census records that each of these Reifschneider families came from the German region of Isenburg.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kt13, Kt29, Kt74, Kt76.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #613.
- Parish records of Sarepta.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 479-481.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3206, #3207, #3210, #3215, #3216.
- Steinberger, Manfred (translator). "A list of immigrants from Leisenwald to Russia in the year 1766 from Fürst Ysenburg Archive, Büdingen."