Conrad Reuswig, son of Andreas Reuswig, was born 4 March 1716, and baptized 6 March 1716, in Neunhasslau (part of the Niedermittlau Parish). On 21 April 1740, he married Anna Margaretha Sell, daughter of Michael Sell, in Rothenbergen (part of the Gründau Parish). Anna Margaretha Sell was born in Rothenbergen and baptized 14 March 1717. The baptisms of six children were recorded in the Gründau parish records: Catharina on 14 December 1742; Michael on 24 January 1746; Catharina on 19 April 1748, Johann Peter on 3 February 1751; Johann Heinrich on 17 May 1756; and Johann Peter on 14 October 1760.
The family immigrated to Russia, arriving from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum aboard the pink Slon under the command of Lieutenant Sergey Panov on 9 August 1766.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Norka on 15 August 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 75.
The marriage of Johannes Reiswig, a widower, and Anna Catharina (surname unclear), is also recorded in the Niedermittlau parish records on 3 February 1757. The births of two children are also recorded in Neuenhasslau: (1) Johann Georg, born 11 November 1757 and baptized 13 November 1757, and (2) Anna Margaretha, born 9 May 1762 and baptized 16 May 1762. Johannes and his family arrived from Lübeck at the port in Oranienbaum aboard a ship under the command skipper Johann Skott on 29 August 1766. The parents survived the trip to the Volga German colony of Walter, and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 46.
The relationship of these two Reiswig families in Neunhasslau is not known at this time.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Nr108, Nr206, Wt075.
- Parish records of Niedermittlau.
- Parish records of Gründau.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 249.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 4 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2008): 305.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766 (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3676, #4043.