Scheidt (Balzer / Moor)
There are several Scheidt families who immigrated from Düdelsheim to the Volga German colonies in Russia:
(1) Johann Heinrich, son of Johann Henrich Scheid & Susanna Kneip, was born in Düdelsheim on 17 January 1740. He married there on 24 September 1761 to Anna Margaretha Hohenstein. They arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard a packet-boat under the command of Lieutenant Pyotr Malinkov. They settled in Balzer on 18 June 1767. Heinrich is recorded there in Household No. 52 on the 1767 Census.
(2) Johann Philipp, son of Ludwig Scheid Jr. & Catharina Kayser (originally from Büches), was born in Potsdam on 13 January 1744 and baptized on 16 January 1744 in the Potsdam Garnisonskirche (Garrison Church). Ludwig was a Füsilier (soldier armed with a flintlock musket called a füsil) with the Regiment of Prince Heinrich of Prussia. Johann Philipp married in Düdelsheim on 11 March 1766 to Catharina Knack from Calbach. They arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 4 July 1766 aboard a packet-boat under the command of Lieutenant Pyotr Malinkov. Philipp and his wife settled in Balzer on 18 June 1767 and is recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 53.
(3) Johann Adam Scheidt, son of Johannes & Catharina Scheid, was baptized in Düdelsheim on 26 September 1724. He married there on 20 May 1757 to Scharlotta Klaus, daughter of Johann Peter & Anna Catharina Claus. They are recorded on the 1767 Census of Moor in Household No. 6 along with two daughters: Anna Barbara (baptized in Düdelsheim on 9 Dember 1760) & Katharina (baptized in Düdelsheim on 27 September 1762). Scharlotta Klaus is the sister of Johann Peter Klaus of Norka and Johann Stephan Klaus of Balzer.
- Bonner, Wayne H. Volga German Settlers Identified in Isenburg and Other German Church Records Part I (Gardena, CA: Wayne Bonner, 2007): 47.
- Decker, Klaus-Peter, Büdingen als Sammelplatz der Auswanderung an die Wolga 1766 (Büdingen: Geschichtswerkstatt Büdingen, 2009): 86.
- Düdelsheim Parish Records (LDS Intl Film #1201789).
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bz053, St19.
- Parish records of Aulendiechbach (LDS Intl Film #1201847).
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 3 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 157.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #1219, #1221.