Konrad Schengel and his family arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 8 August 1766 aboard a ship under the command of Skipper Wiebe Heinrichson.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Kukkus on 26 Jun 1767 and are recorded there on the 1767 census in Household No. 46.
The 1767 census records that Konrad Schengel came from the German village of Lehnheim near Braunfels.
- Kukkus Website (www.kukkus.com) - Origins
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kk29.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. & ed. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): #492.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 472.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #3552.