Hans Michael Siegwardt, son of Christoph Siegwarth (b. 5 December 1700) and Anna Maria Mäulen (b. 4 March 1703/04), was born on 20 March 1730/31 in Metzingen, Württemberg. He married in 1756 in Wiernsheim, Württemberg, to Regina Dorothea Spielmann, daughter of Michael Heinrich Spielmann & Anna Margaretha Größle. She was born on 10 September 1735 in Wiernsheim.
They immigrated first to Friedrichsholm in Schleswig-Holstein (then part of Denmark) in 1763 and then to Russia. They arrived in the Volga German colony of Dreispitz on 16 September 1766, and are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 12.
In 1788, Michael Siegwardt and his family moved from Dreispitz to Kraft.
- Eichhorn, Alexander, Jacob & Mary Eichhorn. The immigration of German colonists to Denmark and their subsequent emigration to Russia in the years 1759-1766 (Deiningen, Germany: Steinmeier, 2012): B-1579.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Kf28, Kf66, Mv0516.
- Parish records of Metzingen (LDS Film #1475275).
- Parish records of Wiernsheim.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 374.
Edward F. Wagner