Würtz (Yagodnaya Polyana)
Johann Georg Würtz, son of the late Johannes Würtz, and Anna Maria Loß, daughter of Johann Loß from Stornfels, married in Eichelsdorf on 29 July 1754. The baptisms of two of their three children have been located in Eichelsdorf: (1) Johannes, baptized 7 November 1755; and (2) Johann Georg, baptized 22 July 1762.
The Würtz arrived from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 14 September 1766.
They settled in the Volga German colony of Yagodnaya Polyana on 16 September 1767. Widow Anna Würtz and her three sons [Johannes (age 14), Johann Peter (age 11), and Johann Georg (6)] are recorded there on the 1767 Census in Household No. 55.
In 1786, Georg Würtz moved from Yagodnaya Polyana to Beideck.
- Eichelsdorfer Auswanderer an der Wolga (in German)
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Bd30, Bd43, Bd62, Dr22, Yp63, Mv0210, Mv3037.
- Parish records of Eichelsdorf.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2001): 187.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6481.