Andreas Winterholder, son of Johann Georg Winterholder from Herchenau, and Anna Katharina Damer, daughter of Johannes Damer from Engelroth, married 18 August 1766 in Schiltz.
Johannes Winterholder, son of Johann Georg Winterholder from Herchenau, and Anna Margaretha Unkefug, daughter of Johann Georg Unkefug from Eichenhayn, also married 18 August 1766 in Schlitz.
Johann Jordan and Anna Elisabeth Winterhaller [sic] married 8 September 1766 in Lübeck.
According to Schulze, Herchenau is now Hörgenau.
Johann Georg Winterholder and his family immigrated to Russia. Surviving sons Andreas and Johannes arrived in the colony of Boisroux on 17 August 1767 - along with another Johannes Winterholler [sic] who also came from Herchenau. They relocated the following spring to the colony of Meinhard. Andreas and his wife are recorded on an appendix to the 1767 census of Boisroux in Household No. 27; Johannes and his wife are recorded on an appendix to the 1767 census of Boisroux in Household No. 56; and the second Johannes is recorded on an appendix to the 1767 census in Boisroux in Household No. 76.
The widow of an unnamed Winterholder from Meinhard and her children are recorded on the 1798 census of Schaffhausen in Household No. Sh12.
The 1798 census of Meinhard record in Household No. Mn36 that Johannes Winterhalter [sic] is working in Bettinger.
The 1767 census records that both of these Winterholder families came from the German village of Herchenau.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Mn05, Mn32, Mn36, Sh12.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt. German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): #129, #744, #745.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 1 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 1999): 167 & 175.
- Schulze, Pastor. Letter dated 17 August 1972 concerning locations near the Lutheran Church of Schlitz.