Zirckgiebel / Zürckgiebel
Johann Christoph Zürckgiebel, son of Johann Conrad and Anna Margaretha Zürckgiebel, was born in Brensbach (Odenwald District) on 28 Mar 1744. He married Margaretha Elisabeth Blumenschein, daughter of Peter Blumenschein & Anna Margaretha Heist, on 19 June 1766 in Büdingen.
They immigrated to Russia, arriving from Lübeck at the port of Oranienbaum on 15 September 1766 aboard the snow-brig Die Frau Dietrika under the command of Skipper Joachim Friedrich Luhn.
They settled in Yagodnya Polyana on 16 September 1767 and are recorded on the 1767 Census of Yagodnaya Polyana in Household No. 46.
- Mai, Brent Alan. 1798 Census of the German Colonies along the Volga: Economy, Population, and Agriculture (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1999): Yp46.
- Mai, Brent Alan, trans. Transport of the Volga Germans from Oranienbaum to the Colonies on the Volga: 1766-1767 (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 1998): A-59.
- Mai, Brent Alan and Dona Reeves-Marquardt, German Migration to the Russian Volga (1764-1767) (Lincoln, NE: American Historical Society of Germans from Russia, 2003): 96.
- Pleve, Igor. Einwanderung in das Wolgagebiet, 1764-1767 Band 2 (Göttingen: Göttinger Arbeitskreis, 2005): 185.
- Pleve, Igor. Lists of Colonists to Russia in 1766: Reports by Ivan Kulberg (Saratov: Saratov State Technical University, 2010): #6107.