In the early 1930s, following several years of drought, Volga German families who had settled earlier in the rural areas of La Pampa Province resettled to larger towns and villages like Algarrobo in search of work.
The group of Volga Germans that founded Alpachiri had originally settled in Villa Alba when they immigrated from Russia in 1906. In 1920, the lease on the land they were renting there expired, and the group (29 families including 149 children) moved to Alpachiri. Alpachiri had been officially founded on 1 May 1910.
Due to drought and poverty, 16 families left in 1929 and moved to Stroeder, Villalonga, Patagones in Buenos Aires Province.
Barón was founded in the Quemú Quemú Departmento (District) of La Pampa Province on 21 March 1915, 80 kilometers from Santa Rosa. It was named after French farmer Wilfred Barón, father of writer and politician Raúl Barón Biza.
Villa Alba was founded on 16 August 1901. The name was changed to General San Martín in 1944, in honor of Liberator General José de San Martín (1778-1850).
General San Martín is located in the heart of Argentine wheat country. It is also an important production center for salt with the nearby "La Colorada Grande" salt mine. In November each year there is a festival called the "Salt Feast."
Volga German descendants settled in Inés y Carlota.
Jacinto Aráuz was founded on 6 April 1889. It was named after Jacinto Aráuz upon whose land the town was built. The first train arrived there on 29 January 1891. The earliest settlers there were Italians who had originally settled in Uruguay.
In the early 1930s, following several years of drought, Volga German families who had settled earlier in the rural areas of La Pampa Province resettled to towns and villages like Jacinto Aráuz in search of work.
Colonía La Colorada Chica was founded right on the border of La Pampa Province and Buenos Aires Province, on the La Pampa side. It also went by the name "San Rosario" and the school there today bears this name.
Under the leadership of Father Teodoro Krämer, 72 Volga German families came to the area in 1920. Each was alloted 100 hectars and a lot for exploitation of the salt that was available in the area. A church and a school were constructed for the settlers.
Mauricio Mayer was founded on 14 November 1914 as the railroad was constructed through the area. It was named after Mauricio Mayer, a railroad engineer of Hungarian origin. It was settled by Volga German Lutheran families from Colonia San Miguel Arcángel in Buenos Aires Province. There are also Black Sea Germans who settled in Mauricio Mayer.
Wheat and other cereal grains are the major agricultural crops in the area.
Santa María was founded in the Utracán Departamento (District) in La Pampa Province on 20 November 1910. It was never much of a village but more a center for the rural families living in the area.
The following Volga German men and their families were founders of the colony:
Santa Teresa was founded in the Gautraché Departamento (District) in La Pampa Province on 15 October 1921 on land donated by Alexander Rost.
The following men and their families were founders of the colony: