San José was founded in the Quemú Quemú Departamento (District) in La Pampa Province on 19 July 1910 by the family of Joseph Schwab.
Winifreda was founded in the Conhelo Departamento (District) of La Pampa Province 3 April 1915, three months after the arrival of the new railroad line from Quemú Quemú passing Colonia Barón and Mauricio Mayer. For a while it was known as Punta de Rieles (End of the Rails). It was officially named in honor of one of the daughters of Joseph Norman Drysdale, Winifred, who owned the lots where the village was founded.
Both Catholic and Protestant Volga German families relocated to Winifreda in search of new farming opportunities.
Colonía Convert was founded in 1878 by 44 families (of whom 33 families - 169 people - were Volga German) originally destined to settle near Sunchales. However, they desired a place near a river, and the government designated a new location near the town of San Javier.
They constructed their houses near the river, but these houses were flooded and had to be reconstructed at a higher elevation. The flooding also rendered part of the alloted farmland unarable, decreasing the per family allotment.
Colonía Esperanza (Colony Hope) was officially founded on 8 September 1856. Earlier that year, 200 families had arrived there from Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, and Luxembourg. Over the years, a number of Volga German families also settled there.
Colonía Susana was officially founded on 2 December 1886. A number of Volga German families settled there.
Bashaw began as a rural area called South Red Deer Lake, and Volga German settlers (among other German groups) began settling in the are in the mid 1890s.
In 1910, the Grand Trunk Railway Company built a line of the C.P.R. through the area that connected Edmonton and Calgary. A number of new towns sprang up along this line, and one of them was the town of Bashaw.
The first group of German-speaking immigrants arrived in Calgary in 1892 from Yagodnaya Polyana having gone to Endicott, Washington, first. Another group of Volga Germans arrived around the turn of the century from Alexanderdorf (Caucasus), where their ancestors had moved several decades earlier. They settled in an area northeast of downtown Calgary that became known as Riverside but was called Germantown during the early settlement years. This area was annexed to the city of Calgary in 1910.
Lutheran immigrants from Yagodnaya Polyana settled southwest of Red Deer in 1892. Large numbers of German settlers began arriving in 1894, most coming from Volhynia.
The area of South Red Deer Lake became known as the Bashaw area, and eventually a town was established there also.
The following Volga German families are known to have settled in Spruce Grove: Henkel Schwindt Traudt from Norka
In 1892 the area was known as Dog Rump Creek until a post office was named for the region and it became Stony Plain. Stony Plain was officially incorporated as a town in 1908.
Volga German immigrants from Norka began arriving in the Stony Plain area in 1889.