Colonia El Potrero was originally known as Villa Carlota bei Gualeguaychú, located near Gualeguaychú.
The city of Federal in Entre Ríos Province was officially founded on 7 September 1880. Later Volga German families settled there.
On 5 January 1878, a group of approximately 1,000 Volga Germans arrived in Buenos Aires aboard the SS Salier and the SS Montevideo. They were intending to settle in Brazil, and sent a representative there to check out the situation. The Argentine government wanted the immigrants to settle in Argentina and intervened to prevent them from moving on to Brazil. The colonists spent two months living in the "Hotel of Immigrants" in Buenos Aires while negotiations continued.
The town of General Galarza was founded on 5 October 1912. It was named after army soldier of Francisco Ramirez and J.J. de Urquiza.
Several Volga German families later settled in General Galarza.
The Central Railway came through this area, and a station was opened there on 16 May 1887. It was called Station Ramírez in honor of the family upon whose land the station was constructed. On 17 March 1888, the plat for Colonia del Pueblo General Ramírez was laid out.
The village of Gilbert was founded in 1890. The town was named after the railroad station around which it was built. Gilbert was part of the Jewish settlement of Lucienville, which also included nearby Basavilbaso to the north.
Grapschental was founded in 12 June 1886.
Gualeguaychú is located in southeastern Entre Ríos Province, approximately 230 km northwest of Buenos Aires.
The village of Irazusta was named after one of its first settlers, Juan José Irazusta. The railroad came through the area in 1909, but it was not until 18 October 1911 that a station was opened in Irazusta, at that time called Villa Eleonora.
Many Volga German families settled here.
Jacobi was founded by Protestant families in 1891/93. The colony took the name of many of the families who resettled there from Aldea Protestante.