On 14 January 1899 the colony of La Llave was officially founded by a decree issued by Governor Maciá. However, Volga German families who had first settled in Brazil had already been living there for ten years. There were also some Italians in the colony.
Volga Germans settled in Colonia La Marta, approximately 15 kilometers from Federal City between the creeks of Federal Chico, Chircal, Ponciano, and Maturrango. A total of 1,923 hectars was assigned to Volga German settlers from Crespo and Diamante.
Colonia Los Ceibos changed its name in 1951 from El Sauce. Today it is administratively connected to Colonia Santa Ana.
Los Charrúas was founded with the establishment of the railway station there in the 1930s. Its layout was approved by a provincial resolution on 23 October 1941, and that is considered the official date of the village's founding.
Lucas Gonzélez was founded on 20 August 1888. The town is named in honor of Lucas González who served as Minister of Finance during the administrations of Bartolomé Mitre and Nicolás Avellaneda.
Many families from the Volga German communities in Entre Ríos moved to Lucas González over the years. Pastor Jakob Riffel, historian of the Volga Germans in Argentina, served the Lutheran parish here for many years.
Coming soon . . .
Aldea María Luisa was founded 17 August 1887.
Merou was founded in 1886. Volga German families settled there.
Nueva Vizcaya was founded in 1930 when the railroad reached the area. Many Volga German families relocated to the area after then.
Paraná, the capital of Entre Ríos Province, is located on banks of the Paraná River. It is connected with Santa Fe, the capital of neighboring Santa Fe Province, by the Hernandarias Subfluvial Tunnel which was completed in 1969. It's founding goes back to the construction of a chapel on the site on 23 October 1730. It officially became a village in 1813, and served as the capital of the Argentine Confederation between 1854 and 1861.